Connecting your Wi-Fi Thermostat to Wi-Fi
In order to participate in PeakRewardsSM and get the most benefit out of your ecobee3 lite Wi-Fi thermostat, your thermostat must be registered and connected to your home’s secure Wi-Fi network. Please note that hot spots are not eligible. To learn more about the requirements of PeakRewards, review the program terms and conditions.
Follow the steps below to connect your thermostat to your secure, in-home Wi-Fi network.
- Click the image of 3 lines which will take you to the Menu.
- Go to Settings, then select Wi-Fi.
- Make sure that Wi-Fi Radio setting is Enabled.
- Select Network, then Wi-Fi network, and then hit Next.
- Select your Wi-Fi network and enter the authentication credentials. While the network credentials are being authenticated, you’ll see a little bee flying around. The authentication can sometimes take a little while depending on how strong your Wi-Fi connection is.
Offline Device Notification
Please note that if our records indicate that your smart thermostat has been disconnected from Wi-Fi, we will send you a letter or email. If we detect that your thermostat has been offline for 4 weeks, BGE will remove you from the PeakRewards program. If you are removed from the program, you can keep your Wi-Fi thermostat, but you will not receive summer bill credits (June–September).
Registering your ecobee3 lite
You can register your thermostat online at ecobee.com or by downloading the ecobee app. To register online, follow the steps below. To register with the ecobee app, download it to your Apple or Android devices from the App Store and follow the prompted steps.
- From your thermostat home screen, go to the Menu by clicking the 3 lines on the bottom left. The top menu item is Registration. Under that, it should say 1 step left. Click it and you will be presented with a 4 character registration code.
- The device will need to be unregistered to complete this step. To unregister, go to the Main Menu, scroll to Settings, and then scroll to Reset. Select Reset All, and select Yes to reset the ecobee.
- Go to www.ecobee.com/register. Select ecobee3 lite. Enter the 4-digit code from the thermostat.
- Click Next and then Accept Terms & Conditions, then click Next.
- After you click Next, select your additional options and then click Start Using the Portal.
If you need additional assistance connecting your PeakRewards Smart Thermostat to Wi-Fi, contact the PeakRewards customer hotline at 1.888.309.PEAK (7325), Monday–Friday, 8am to 5pm.
If you need technical assistance with your PeakRewards Smart Thermostat, you can call ecobee at 1.888.535.0720, Monday–Friday 8 am–12 am or Saturday–Sunday 9 am–9 pm.