By choosing to participate in the PeakRewards Multifamily program, an air conditioning switch or thermostat is installed in each unit and your residents are automatically enrolled in the program at no out-of-pocket cost to you. In exchange, your residents receive $50 in total summer bill credits, paid in equal installments of $12.50 June through September. Customers moving into a participating community with an existing PeakRewards device will be defaulted to 50% cycling level.
As of April 1, 2020, the PeakRewards Air Conditioning program will no longer accept new participants into the program. All current participants will remain at their current cycling level or can choose to reduce their participation level.
How does it work?
By participating, your communities help to reduce the amount of electricity used during summer “peak demand” periods. This helps maintain reliable service while keeping down the electricity cost for everyone. If there is a significant increase in peak energy demand, the PeakRewards air conditioner device installed in each unit will receive a signal to cycle each unit’s air conditioning. This helps all BGE customers avoid power interruptions.
What are the benefits?
- Professional installation of a PeakRewards switch or thermostat device in each unit
Your residents will:
- Receive $50 on their BGE summer electric bills
- Stay connected with cycling event notifications
- Be a part of the solution by helping ease energy demands and protect our environment
BGE will continue to support your community by:
- Providing PeakRewards marketing support materials to your leasing office
- Holding informational events onsite to introduce the program to residents
- Installing the new thermostats and showing your staff how to operate them
How does it help?
By participating in PeakRewards, you are taking a smart and easy step to:
- Ease the burden on our existing electricity delivery system and reduce the need for additional power plants
- Protect our environment by lowering power plant emissions to reduce our carbon footprint
- Take advantage of energy-saving solutions brought to you by EmPOWER Maryland